This section is designed to measure your ability to recognize language that is appropriate for standard written English. There are four types of questions in this section, with special directions for each other.
Directions: In questions 1- 5 each sentences has four underlined words and phrases. The four underlined parts of the sentence are marked (A), (B), (C), and (D). Identify the one underlined words or phrase that incorrect sentence. Then, on your answer sheet, find the number of the question and fill in the space that corresponds to the letter of the answer you have chosen.
1. Lionel Messi is one of the best players football in the world.
A B C D
2. He is went to Singapore today with his client.
A B C D
3. Mr. and Mrs. Ahmad is watches television in their home at the moment.
A B C D
4. The day is look like to rains in the outside.
A B C D
5. He is play tennis table almost every day.
A B C D
Directions: Questions 6- 10 are incomplete sentences. Beneath each sentence you will see four words or phrases, marked (A), (B), (D), and (D). Choose the one word or phrase that best complete the sentence. Then, on your answer sheet, find the number of the question and fill in the space that corresponds to the letter of the answer you have chosen.
6. The man who newspaper in the corner is my friend.
a. Read c. Reading
b. Reads d. To Read
7. The woman who badminton namely Susi Susanti.
a. To Play c. Plays
b. Play d. Playing
8. When I was child, I always my time with studied.
a. Spending c. to Spent
b. Spend d. Spent
9. She is very smart, she doesn’t have many friends.
a. But c. So
b. However d. Yet
10. he didn’t have much money, he is considered to eat at expensive restaurant.
a. However c. But
b. So d. Although
Questions for 11- 15
Complete the summary below. Choose your answers from the box at the bottom of the page and write them in boxes 11- 15 on your answer sheet.
(11) many reason, Facebook for student should to banned. It is because Facebook create many negative impacts than positive impact. One of negative impact of Facebook is student will be forget to do their duty, such as to study (12) to help their parent. (13) , other student is argue that Facebook is useful in communication, such as to build good relation with other student (14) even to media in learning.
(15) , the usefulness of Facebook should pay attention by the teacher and parent for their student and children in use Facebook.
List of Word:
A. Or D. And
B. But E. For
C. Yet F. Nor
Questions for 16- 20
Choose the appropriate letters A, B, C, D and write them in boxes 16- 20 on your answer sheet.
16. If the sea is stormy, the wave will be …………..
a. Low c. High
b. Weak d. Strong
17. If it is rainy in outside, the road will be….
a. Dry c. Slick
b. Clumsy d. Wet
18. If the road is damage, so the motorcycle will be…….
a. Success to cross away c. Difficult to cross away
b. Easy to cross away d. Cancel to cross away
19. If rain is happening in outside, so the party will be……….
a. Canceled c. Stopped
b. Continue d. Pending
20. If many people going to market, so the marker is………
a. Slack visitor c. Rare visitor
b. Crowdedvisitor d. Full visitor
THIS IS THE END OF GRAMMAR COMPREHENSION SECTION OF THE TEST.
THE NEXT PART OF THE TEST IS SECTION 3. TURN TO THE DIRECTION FOR SECTION 3 IN YOUR TEXT BOOK. READ THEM AND BEGIN WORK.
DO NOT READ OR WORK ON ANY OTHER SECTION OF THE TEST.
Filed under: All About Teaching and Learning Methodologies | Tagged: SECTION 2 : GRAMMAR COMPREHENSION By MORI MANJUSRI |